With Louisville getting smoked on the road at Houston this past Thursday, teams look to move up in CFP rankings and teams already in the top 4 can gulp a giant breath of relief.
Nothing too crazy matchup wise for Saturday, but here are some of the games to keep an eye on:
- #1 Alabama vs. Chatanooga – Alabama will roll on…there isnt even a line set for this game. QB Jalen Hurts could rush for over 100 yards in this one.
- #2 Ohio State @ Michigan State – Normally this would be a huge matchup but the Spartans are just 3-7 on the year. Ohio State hoping this won’t be a let down game after a huge win @ Maryland last week.
- #3 Michigan vs. Indiana – Wolverines should win this convincingly, but without QB Wilton Speight who went down last week with a broken collar bone.
- #4 Clemson @ Wake Forest – This is your biggest matchup out of the Top 4, as Clemson looks for a rebound game after its heartbreaking 43-42 loss to Pitt. Clemson QB Deshaun Watson is still one of the best players in the game and should wreak havoc @ Wake Forest this week.
- # 6 Washington vs. Arizona State – ASU has been weak this year and Washington needs to win convincingly after getting dominated by USC last week.
- #7 Wisconsin @ Purdue – Purdue has a decent passing attack, but it won’t be enough vs. the Badgers this week. Wisconsin needs to win to keep any Top 4 hope alive.
- #8 Penn State @ Rutgers – PSU should handle the 2-8 Rutgers team if they continue to feed their stud RB Saquon Barkley, who has 1,113 yards and 13 TDs on the year already.
- #9 Oklahoma @ #14 West Viginia – A top 15 matchup should be a really good one. Baker Mayfield has been excellent for the Sooners this year with 3,212 passing yards and 33 TD.
- #10 Colorado vs. #22 Washington State – Colorado keeps creeping its way up and has found its way into the top 10. It will be tough for them to keep down WSU QB Luke Falk, who has passed for 3,610 yards on the year.